train of thought...

after a busy weekend camping ( in beautiful Robinhoods bay with fab friends - photo's to follow... when I've sorted them out, job No 36!) I'm spending a morning in my studio sorting and organising. I've  been working on ideas for the Red Quilt project organised by Kootoyoo...

I received my calico square to work on last week and as I ironed it flat to work on ( which incidental, as I ironed, the square gave off a very strong smell of rice pudding and I had flash backs of school dinners and stirring in as much jam as I was allowed to hide the taste of the rice pudding and just being really grateful it wasn't semolina ... or even worse tapioca... frog-spawn disguised as a milk pudding!)
Anyways...
my train of thought was to think about the word Red and what was around me that was red and what was the first images I thought of when thinking of the colour red....
what's on my desk that's red...
what I had on that was red...
on my wall that's red...
my favourite book... Alice shouting at the Queen of hearts ( illustration by Sir John Tenniel)
the queen of hearts...
 red hearts...luuurve...a sketch...not red enough...
little red... this fab website, illustration by Walter Crane...
wolf & Red, illustration by Margaret Evens Price
inspiration gathered, start sketching...
and now I'm ready to start sewing! 
I've loved looking at the great work other artists have been doing (here and here  and here) and it's a pleasure to be involved with such a great project in very talented company!

Comments

Popular Posts